For 58 years, the Library Theatre Company has made a major contribution to Manchester’s cultural life.
Founded in 1952, we’ve produced consistently high quality seasons of drama, musical theatre, plays for families, and comedies. We now produce a mixture of contemporary drama and modern classics, with a popular play for families and children at Christmas. Over the past few years we’ve either won or been nominated for over 30 awards in the Manchester Evening News Theatre Awards.
In 2010 we moved out of our home in the basement of Central Library to begin our “On The Move” campaign, a three year project consisting of work at The Lowry and one site specific show per year. Since then we have merged with Cornerhouse in an ambitious move to become one company. HOME a brand new purpose built venue will open at First Street in 2014.
ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
At GMAC we are committed to minimising our environmental impact. We will put measures in place to help us make sustainable environmental improvements, which we will monitor on a regular basis.
In particular GMAC aims to:
1. Meet, and where practical, exceed all relevant regulatory requirements and minimise any adverse environmental effects caused as a result of our activities.
2. Minimise, through strategic planning, the environmental effect of new developments.
3. Promote recycling and the use of recycled materials while reducing the consumption of materials wherever possible.
4. Minimise waste in all operations.
5. Give consideration to the environmental effects of the materials we use, and wherever possible, use materials that can be recycled.
6. Work with suppliers who have similar policies to minimise the impact of their operation on the environment.
7. Include environmental issues in GMAC staff training programmes and encourage all staff to contribute to the implementation of sound environmental practices.
8. Monitor progress and publish an environmental performance report on an annual basis.
9. Ensure that all staff are aware of the environmental policy at Induction Training and through ongoing briefings & training .
10. Information on GMAC environmental policy & performance will be made available & regularly updated on our websites www.cornerhouse.org and www.librarytheatre.com